Copyright © While They Sleep

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

15 birthdays and counting...

Today is my husband’s 32nd birthday. But what really stands out to me is that this birthday is our 15th celebrated together. Fifteen?!?!?!

We’ve spent half our lives together. Celebrated half our birthdays together. Each year, we blow out a candle and make a wish. And each year, we find ourselves drawn to each other. It’s strange. I’m not a hopeless romantic. I left that part of me in my naïve youth. As a 30 year old woman, I believe relationships take hard work, commitment and flexibility. Of course, a lot of love, kindness, romance, etc… But like any relationship, hard work is key. I find that as we get ready to celebrate our 15th birthday together, I’m awed by all that we’ve overcome, the amazingness of all we have now, and the good times we look forward to in the future.

Happy birthday honey. We don’t pretend we’re perfect. It’s no secret you drive me insane once and awhile (vice versa), but celebrating 15 birthdays together, that’s a big accomplishment.

I love you very much booger face!

0 comments:

Post a Comment