Copyright © While They Sleep

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Reflections

I've never been a religious person. The word "religious" kind of scares me. But I am Muslim - and proud. Lately, I've realized that I've asked a lot from God, but I haven't given much in return. I haven't prayed, meditated or really reflected in a long time. I don't think it's fair for me to ask so much from God but barely even speak to Him. As a woman and mother, I have so much to be thankful for. But I haven't given thanks in awhile. We have so long to go to meet our goals as a stable and successful family, and I have no doubt that we will get there. Life is hard, but it's also rewarding. I know that I need to focus on me and my goals, especially around my fitness goals. I get going and do great for a few weeks and then something (like food poisoning) or maybe nothing at all, knocks me off my feet and I have the hardest time getting back on track. It's a never ending story that I want to end. I know what I need to do to get where I want to be, but I have the hardest time being consistent. And of course, consistency is key. I need to get my mojo back and be better about holding onto it.

First things first, I need to set realistic goals:

1. Pray more often. I need to meditate. and pray more often. When I do, I feel inner peace.

2. Eat better. We don't have a lot of bad foods in our house (except for now when we have some junk lying around from Eju's birthday extravaganzas). More veggies, fruits, lean proteins. Less carbs and no junk food. I want to prepare 3-4 dinners ahead of time by making enough chicken breast on Sundays to last me a few days. That way, I can come home, heat a piece of already cooked chicken breast, stir up some veggies, and eat a decent meal before 7pm. This is BIG as I can be bad about eating later than I want to.

3. Work on my fitness regime. I must be consistent about working out at least 5 days a week. This means back to 5am workouts. This is when I'm most consistent. I can't come home too tired to work out. I can't be too exhausted to work out after making dinner, feeding, bathing and playing with Elijah. It has to be done and it has to be done early. I also want to preform 3 days of my tone-it-up videos and 1-2 days of something fun outside, like running around the park with Elijah.

4. Drink more water. No excuses. Just do it.

5. Get back to sleeping early. I need to be in bed by 10pm again. It was a routine I couldn't avoid because after waking up early and being in the go, go, go, I'd be pooped by 10pm. Lately, I've been wide awake until 12ish watching reruns on tv. Not good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment