Copyright © While They Sleep

Monday, February 20, 2012

If I could, I would...

A year ago, if you asked me my thoughts on being a stay-at-home mom, I would've cringed. The idea was not me. Not to belittle stay-at-home moms, one bit, but the idea seemed archaic to me. I felt, like many women with my views do, that I would lose my identity, my passions and become less an equal to the working "man." All that went out the door May 23, 2011, the day my son was born.

Holding him, loving him and watching him grow these almost 9 months has been the most amazing trip of my life. Every part of me belongs to him now. And nothing else matters.

I struggle daily trying to work. Even with a job that has so many benefits, as does working in children's services, I cringe every morning when I get up, get ready and leave my son to go to work.

My mission has become making becoming a stay-at-home mom a reality. It isn't going to happen today, or tomorrow. But I pray that within a year, I can officially make Elijah my full time commitment.

Until then, I won't be fully happy. :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment