Copyright © While They Sleep

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Slugs and snails and puppy-dogs' tails, that's what little boys are made of...


A recent post on pinterest titled "20 Things no one told you about raising a boy" inspired this blog post.
Parenting is a learning process, and Elijah teaches me something new daily.  The way a boy loves his mother is so amazing, I can’t get enough of it. I’ve become obsessed with him.  I just adore him. 
Reading the article 20 Things No One Told You About Raising A boy from ivillage.com was great! It made me laugh (especially the part about the “penis obsession” and those infant/toddler boners! Hahahaha, so true). It made me smile and it made me even excited about raising a son. 

As many of you know, I had my first child on my wedding anniversary, May 23, 2011.  A boy. A beautiful, healthy, happy baby boy.  You may not have known that all my life, I wanted a girl, at least first.  I don’t know why. Maybe because I’ve always considered myself a feminist.  Maybe because I hoped to raise a little girl to be more than a pink obsessed barbie-doll. When I found out I was having a boy, I was NEVER disappointed.  I just immediately thought it was going to be a challenge because I didn’t know much about raising a boy (I was around to see my nieces grow up in their infant-toddler years and a lot about raising girls).  Needless to say, having a baby boy changed my life in the most amazing ways.

If you have a son, are pregnant with a boy, or love little boys as much as I do, read the article! It’s pretty awesome!



0 comments:

Post a Comment