Copyright © While They Sleep

Thursday, November 15, 2012

It's been awhile...


November Update:
Life has been insanely busy these last couple of months.  Well, it’s always busy, but I haven’t had much time to blog…

For one, my son was sick with a fever, cold/cough, and an ear infection. I was exhausted.  Caring for a toddler is one thing, caring for a sick toddler is a whole other ball game.  Thankfully, he’s all better now.  I’ve also been going through some personal things. It was brought to my attention that I wasn’t there for someone in the way they needed me to be. At first, I got defensive.  I think it’s natural to put your guard up. Especially when I know, I’m a damn good friend. I take pride in being a great friend to others.  So naturally, I was upset when this was brought to my attention. And then, I thought about it. I ended up talking to three of my closest girlfriends and really got a grasp and understanding of the situation from another perspective. It helped me see that I can only do so much. Sometimes, we can only give so much of ourselves before we compromise who we are. I’ve also realized that being a mother is going to affect some of my friendships – because my son is my number one priority in life – I want to stand on a rooftop and shout out how much joy he brings to my life.  If my friends can’t prioritize me and the most important aspects of my life into their life (namely, my son) then that friendship isn’t based on solid grounds. I’m not sure what the future holds for that friendship, but I was content with my response and have realized that I have done all I can do. I’m at peace with that. I was also going through my own personal self-reflection regarding matters I’d rather not go into detail about. I had to really reevaluate myself, my life and my happiness.  It was rough, but I had to remind myself; I am resilient, I am a fighter and I won’t settle for anything less than happiness.  So that’s where I’m at; working on me, learning about my shortcomings, and finding ways to move forward.  And I feel great! Perfect timing as one of my favorite holidays is next week: Thanksgiving!
I love this time of year. The air is cool and crisp, the sun is still shining, the holidays are upon us… it’s a great time to reflect and be “thankful.” I have so much to be thankful for. Sometimes I lose sight of that… I have a husband who loves me dearly. I have the most amazing, beautiful son. I have family that is always by my side. And the best girlfriends I could ever ask for. I have a house we made into a home. A cute dog who makes me laugh. I don’t have fancy thousand dollar purses, I can’t afford to go on shopping sprees in Santana Row, but I’m happy.

And that, my friends, is good enough for me.
Now it’s crunch time. Like everyone else, we have plans with our families next week. I’m also trying to organize fun activities for Elijah and I (or the three of us, when Avin isn’t working) to do things to keep us busy and out of the house (weather permitting). I’m thinking of going to the Children’s Museum – I hear it’s great and haven’t been there yet.  I also heard of a great place called the Art Beast.  Apparently, Art Beast is a studio that provides “open studio space, arts exploration rooms, and loads of classes so that children can dig into the arts.”  I LOVE the idea and the pictures from their website of children covered in paint, and having the time of their lives is adorable!  I’m going to try to check it out during Thanksgiving break with Elijah. I think he’ll LOVE it.  

If you want to look into it, here are the links: Art Beast Studio or Sacramento Children's Museum.

 Here are pictures from Elijah this morning. Enjoy!
And thanks for visiting my blog!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment