Copyright © While They Sleep

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Perspective



I came across a video on Facebook today about a young man named Zach Sobiech.  Zach found out he had a rare form of terminal cancer at the ripe age of 14.  Instead of letting cancer beat him, he beat cancer, by living his life.  And he did it so beautifully. 

I dare you not to cry after watching Zach’s story.  I cried.  In fact, I sobbed.  To say Zach’s story moved me would be an understatement.  It really put many things into perspective for me. 

Life is so short.  We never know when our time is up.  We only know that we are here, for whatever undetermined amount of time.  And we know we have that time to live.  We can choose to live by doing things to harm and hurt others – to belittle and hate, to be angry and resentful, OR we can be happy.  We can spend our days making others smile and feel good. 

It’s our choice. 
I choose to be happy. 
And I am choosing to live my life making others happy. 



I want to watch my son grow into a beautiful young man and my family and dearest friends flourish with laughter and smiles. 

I know I am not perfect.  I know I have made many mistakes. But I also know that my intentions were never to maliciously harm anyone.  I have learned that life is a lesson – and we can learn so much, even through loss.  Instead of basking in my sorrows and hating myself for any mistakes I have made, I choose to live.  I choose to be happy and surround myself with those that want to be happy also.  Life is too short. 

I am not wasting another minute.  I choose to be happy. 

Thank you, Zach – for being a beautiful person and putting so much into perspective for the millions of people that have viewed your story.

To view Zach’s beautiful story, click here.

RIP Zach Sobiech - Died May 20, 2013


0 comments:

Post a Comment