Copyright © While They Sleep

Friday, May 31, 2013

Well who knew?!?! Vinegar!


It's crazy how much you can do with VINEGAR! 

I've been researching cleaner, safer and more natural cleaning remedies for our home.  Mostly because I recently suffered a diagnosis of psoriasis.  Don't worry, it's not contagious.  But it does attack your skin.  Which obviously sucks. Especially for someone like me who has always been very particular about what she puts on her skin, and hair.  Anyway,  I'm working on treating my psoriasis, including searching for natural remedies.  I'm not a big fan of pills (Anyone else think the commercials for some of these things are just ridiculous?!? Side Effect: Death. Ummm... no thanks). 

While researching natural cleaners and products I could use that wouldn't be bad for my skin skin, I came across the many uses for VINEGAR. 

Wow, who would have known?!?!? 



I was actually looking for a natural cleaner for our oak kitchen cabinets.  We are currently working on refacing our kitchen cabinets.  Read more about that here. The harsh chemicals in many of the cleaners recommended for use to remove oil, dirt and other residue were a major turn off to me.  Anyway, I found a safe natural cleaner for wood: Vinegar, Olive Oil and Lemon Juice! That's it. SIMPLE. SAFE. EFFECTIVE. I also read that if you mix baking soda into the mixture, it helps quite a bit! I didn't have any baking soda on hand, but I did try this using just White Distilled Vinegar, Olive Oil and Lemon Juice and it worked so well, and has NO harsh chemicals.  The oil is actually great for wood. 

Works wonders and I had almost everything in my pantry! Thought I'd share a great article about the many uses for VINEGAR! I plan to pour a similar concoction into our toilets! But I also want to make homemade natural air freshners, and I'm even looking into making my own laundry detergent. Found this gem of an article on pinterest: Homemade Laundry Detergent!



Read more about the many uses of vinegar here. Enjoy! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment